This review covers MAC’s 8 Colourizations Eyeshadow Duos.
- Double Feature 1: bright yellow gold (veluxe pearl) / pinked-up chrome purple (frost)
- Double Feature 2: bright lime (veluxe pearl) / frosty deep grey (satin)
- Double Feature 3: mid-tone teal (matte) / deep chocolate (satin)
- Double Feature 4: deep forest green (veluxe pearl) / mid-tone ochre brown (matte)
- Double Feature 5: pale frosty peach (frost) / dark brown with green pearl (frost)
- Double Feature 6: light grey taupe (matte) / mid-tone bronze (veluxe pearl)
- Double Feature 7: bright fuchsia (frost) / cool black (satin)
- Double Feature 8: mid-tone orange (frost) / deep navy (satin)
These come in standard MAC palettes, but have only 2 side-by-side wells. The lids flip up and stay shut with a magnetic closure.
Overall, the formulations for these shadows is not fantastic, but good. As is typical of MAC satin finishes, the satin shadows in this collection are lacking in pigment intensity and can go on unevenly. On the other hand, while MAC matte shadows are usually very weak in pigmentation, the matte shadows with this collection have decent-to-good pigmentation.
There aren’t really any colors that have superb color-payoff, but if you apply 2 layers, you can get even, pigmented finishes out of all the colors.
Ease of Use: 8.75/10
Use an eye shadow primer and apply 2-3 layers to build up the color.
Each duo is $25 each and contains 2 shadows. Single MAC shadows cost $15 each, so you pay slightly less by buying these duos.