Release Date: August 25, 2011
Availability: MAC online & MAC stores
This review covers MAC’s 4 MAC Me Over Shadesticks.
- Butternutty: Frosted light neutral (Limited Edition, Repromote)
- Cakeshop: Frosted pewter (Limited Edition, Repromote)
- Tundra: Icy silver (Limited Edition)
- Heirloom: Light icy pink (Limited Edition)
- Street Cool: Mid-tone grey violet taupe (Limited Edition)
Shadesticks come in plastic tubes with twist-up bottoms that allow you to access the product as you use it up. Make sure to snap the tops on securely to keep the product from drying up.
All of these Shadesticks have a creamy formulation that makes them apply easily. The colors are all well-pigmented. Cakeshop, Tundra, and Heirloom appear more frosty than Butternutty and Street Cool.
You can use Shadesticks as shadow bases, shadows alone, or liners.
Ease of Use: 9.75/10
The formula makes application smooth, even, and effortless. Apply right out of the tube. You can blend the product if you wish, right after applying it.
Shadesticks contain 1.5 g and cost $17.50 each. Not the greatest price for a product that contains 1.5 g, but they are high-quality.