This review covers MAC’s 9 new Seasonally Supreme Sheen Supreme Lipsticks.
Sheen Supreme Lipstick ($14.50)
- Tea Ceremony: neutral beige pink (cream) (new)
- Sheer Mandarin: mid-tone yellow orange (cream) (new)
- Blossom Culture: soft pink with pearl (frost) (new)
- Korean Candy: bright orange-red (cream) (new)
- Supreme Style: light coral pink with pearl (frost) (new)
- Fashion City: neutral coral pink (cream) (new)
- Happy Hibiscus: creamy white pink (frost) (new)
- Royal Azalea: bright mid-tone pink (cream) (new)
- Asian Flower: creamy lavender (cream) (new)
In addition to these 9 new shades, MAC has re-promoted 3 original shades with this collection: Insanely It, Bare Again, and Supremely Confident. Please refer to the overview, video and review posts for those original colors.
This packaging looks like the Pro Longwear Lipcreme packaging, except the plastic for these is metallic and shiny. They’re sleek, simple, and close tightly, making them ideal for throwing in your purse. But the metallic plastic does get finger prints on it easily.
Just like with the original Sheen Supreme lipsticks, these are absolutely wonderful. All the colors have strong pigmentation, go on smoothly and give your lips a sheen, but are not sticky or tacky. There’s no need to moisturize your lips–the formulation is similar to an emollient chapstick. The formulation does make the lipsticks soft, so just make sure to keep them away from heat.
Ease of Use: 9.75/10
These lipsticks glide on smoothly. You can easily layer the colors if you want a more opaque finish, or leave just one layer for a more transparent, gloss-like finish. These lipsticks are very soft, so just be careful that you don’t press down too hard when applying or expose too much of the lipstick out of the tube, which can cause the product to bend/break.
MAC lipsticks are usually $14.50, but only 3 g. These lipsticks are $14.50, but you get 3.6 g of product. Strangely enough, the Pro Longwear Lipcremes are also 3.6 g, but cost $16.00. You are getting a great product, more of it, and still paying the same price!