Release Date: October 27, 2011
Availability: MAC online & MAC stores
MAC’s Ice Parade collection features 3 limited-edition eye shadow palettes. This review is for the Snowglobe Eye Palette in “Warm”:
- Buckwheat (frost): Bark brown (Limited Edition, Repromote)
- Gaelic Gold (veluxe pearl): Gold (Limited Edition, Repromote)
- Patina (frost): Taupe brown with golden pearl (Permanent)
- Magical Mist (lustre): Sparkle concrete (Limited Edition, Repromote)
- Winterscape (lustre): Bright taupe pearl (Limited Edition)
- Midnight Flurry (matte): Dark warm black (Limited Edition)
These palettes come in white compacts that snap shut and have mirrors on the inside of the lid. The compacts are decorated with a clear plastic dome with silver glitters and clear liquid inside–much like a snowglobe.
The packaging is pretty and makes for a good holiday present. The dome on top does make the compact bulkier than normal.
Of the 3 Snowglobe palettes, this is the best.
Winterscape is a shimmery white that, unlike the white colors in the other 2 palettes, actually show up as a shimmery white on the skin. Magical Mist and Patina both show up on the lighter side, but have even finishes and finely-milled glitters. Buckwheat is a beautiful, intense brown with bark-colored shimmers. Gaelic Gold is a straight-forward gold. And Midnight Flurry is a soft, intensely pigmented, smooth, dark brown. Like with all 3 palettes, the matte-finish Midnight Flurry gets a double thumbs up for being a great matte color.
Ease of Use: 9/10
All these colors go on evenly. You might want to layer Patina and Magical Mist, but otherwise these are pretty easy to apply.
These palettes contain a total of 6 g of eye shadow for $38.00. Individual MAC shadows contain 1.5 g and cost $15.00, so you save $22.00 with the palette. You get a great discount with this palette.