Release Date: September 22, 2011
Availability: MAC online & MAC stores
This review covers the 12 MAC Styledriven Pro Longwear Lipcremes.
- Soft Sell (cream): Light yellow-pink
- Dress It Up (cream): Light blue-pink
- So Very Good (frost): Mid-tone plum with pearl
- Till Tomorrow (cream): Mid-tone dirty mauve
- To the Future! (frost): Dirty neutral pink with pearl
- Good to Go (cream): Loudmouth orange
- Positively Dashing (cream): Mid-tone berry blue-red
- Extended Play (cream): Dirty red, yellow undertone
- Prolong (cream): Clean red with blue undertone and pearl
- Endless Drama (frost): Deep berry blue-red
- Soulfully Rich (frost): Deep dirty purple with red pearl
- Love Forever! (frost): Bright blue pink
Pro Longwear lipsticks come in matte, cylindrical, plastic tubes.
MAC claims that these lipsticks last for 12 hours–an unrealistic estimate of this product’s longevity. My experience with Pro Longwear Lipccremes is that they do last much longer than regular lipsticks, but not longer than about 6 hours. And, of course, if you eat and drink, expect faster fading.
This formula is creamy, but dries out the lips a little over time. The colors are all opaque and pigmented. Although MAC states that some of the colors are cream finishes and some are frost finishes, there isn’t a big distinction between the two. All the colors have a slight sheen when applied.
Ease of Use: 9.25/10
The formula makes these lipsticks glide on smoothly. You can apply the lipstick and then wipe it off to leave a slight stain on the lips, or you can build layers for a strong color.
These cost $17.00 each and contain 3.6 g of product. Regular MAC lipsticks are $14.50 and contain 3 g of product. You get slightly more product for your money with the Pro Longwear lipsticks.