Release Date: September 22, 2011
Availability: MAC online & MAC stores
This review covers the 9 MAC Styledriven Pro Longwear Lipglasses.
- Ready or Not! (cream): Neutral light coral with slight pearlized pigments
- Driven by Love (cream): Red-blue with slight pearlized pigments
- Dark as Night (cream): Deep mid-tone purple with slight pearlized pigments
- Lasting Achievement (cream): Mid-tone purple with slight pearlized pigments
- Infinitely Likeable (cream): Light pink
- Patience, Please (cream): Light pink-blue
- Whoops! (cream): Bright coral
- Full Speed Ahead (cream): Bright pink-magenta
- Show Me! (cream): Mid-tone neutral plum
Pro Longwear Lipglasses are packaged in clear plastic tubes. These applicators, unlike other doe-foot applicators, are pinched in the middle.
The texture of these glosses isn’t sticky, but it is thick and tacky, which is what makes the gloss long-wearing. Each color has a shiny finish.
MAC claims these glosses will last for up to 6 hours. My experience was that the gloss does last for around 4 hours, with slight fading after a couple of hours. This is, of course, if you don’t eat or drink during this time.
These glosses have good pigmentation and Styledriven includes a great range of light-to-dark colors. Many of the colors apply unevenly unless you do multiple layers and blend. This is particularly true for Dark as Night, which I couldn’t get to show up evenly.
Ease of Use: 8.25/10
These glosses are a bit tricky to apply. It takes blending and re-application to get even color. You also need to be precise in your application.
Pro Longwear Lipglasses contain much less product (only 1.92 g) compared to other MAC lipglosses but are among the most expensive ($18.50) in MAC’s range.