This review covers MAC’s 2 Surf, Baby! Crushed Metallic Pigment stacks.
- Pearl: light white pearl (frost)
- Peachy: light pink champagne (frost)
- Pink: light violet with silver pearl (frost)
- Old Wine: brown bronze with gold pearl (frost)
Surf the Ocean
- Titanium: frosty platinum (frost)
- Aquamarine: light yellow green (frost)
- Bronze: gold bronze (frost)
- Graphite: dirty graphite with silver pearl (frost)
Please see this post for full photos of these shadows.
These pigments come in stacks that twist to reveal each individual jar. You can stack them in pairs or all 4 together.
All the colors included in these stacks are metallic. Crushed Metallic Pigments are also the most intensely pigmented shadows you can get from MAC. You need only a tiny amount to get a shimmery, opaque finish.
The consistency is soft and almost “melts” as you apply it. The pigments apply smoothly and have great staying power.
Ease of Use: 9.25/10
Crushed Metallic Pigments apply evenly, can be applied wet or dry, and with either your finger or a brush. You will get fallout, so I’d suggest applying these before putting on foundation or finishing powder.
Each stack is $32.50 and contains 12 g of product. You’re getting 4 different shadow colors, and given that regular MAC pigments are $19.50 each with only 4.5 g of product, the Crushed Metallic Pigments are a great value.