Update: I have added pictures of each color applied to the lips.
Availability: MAC Stores & Online
Price: $13.00 each
A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
This review covers all the Lip Pencils in MAC’s upcoming Tour de Fabulous Collection (originally named Glamglass Collection). The colors are as follows:
- What Comes Naturally: pale peachy beige (limited edition)
- Hip ‘n’ Happy: dirty blue pink (limited edition)
- Have to Have It: soft warm beige (limited edition)
- Just Wonderful: dirty mauve (limited edition)
- Entertain Me: clearly orange (limited edition)
- Lasting Sensation: bright coral (limited edition)
- Embrace Me: vivid pinkish fuchsia (limited edition)
- Just My Type: intense warm brown (limited edition)
These are straight-forward pencil liners that need sharpening as you use up the product.
All of the colors have great payoff and pigmentation. This collection provides a range from light-to-dark but mostly cool-toned colors.
Entertain Me and Lasting Sensation are probably too similar in orange color to justify buying both. And Just My Type is too dark and too brown to be wearable for most people. I think the most exciting color is Just Wonderful, which is a rich berry color with subtle shimmers.
The formula for these pencils is long-wearing, but they are stiff. They do catch on the skin and take a good amount of dragging to transfer. They also dry out the lips.
Ease of Use: 8.75/10
Because they aren’t creamy, the pencils with skip and pull on the skin while applying. Because of the lack of moisture, you’ll also want to apply an emollient lip balm, gloss, or lipstick on top.
For $13.00, you get 1.45 grams of product.