Here’s an eye tutorial, just in time for Valentine’s Day! For most people, including me, pink eye shadows are difficult to pull off. But one day a year, we get a good excuse to wear them. I made sure to keep the colors soft and wearable.
Enjoy! And happy Valentine’s Day!
1. Apply an eye shadow primer all over the lids, up to the brow bone.
2. With any fluffy eye shadow brush, apply a matte eye shadow that’s close to your skin color all over the lids, in the crease, and a little above the crease. (I used The Body Shop’s shadow in #12, but the color is no longer sold.)
3. Take a flat, dense, eye shadow brush and apply Paradise Island (or any matte light/medium pink color) to the lid. Apply 3 layers to get the color to show.
4. Take a fluffy crease brush and apply Copperplate (or any matte, cool-toned, medium brown) to the crease. Blend it at the outer corner so that it connects with Paradise Island on the lid. Add another layer of Copperplate at the outer-V of your lid.
5. Re-apply 2 layers of Paradise Island to the lid. The color will have faded slightly from blending in Copperplate.
6. Apply Defiance to the brow bone. You can use any shimmer highlighter; try to use one that has a pink shimmer in it. If you don’t have Defiance, MAC’s Phloof! is a good alternative.
7. Take a small detail brush and apply Illamasqua’s Static (or any glittery pigment that has a pink/purple-white duo-chrome) to the inner 1/3 of your lid and the inner 1/3 of your lower lash-line. Press layers on top of each other with the brush until you are happy with the amount of shimmer.
8. Take a stiff, flat-topped eye liner brush and apply Copperplate as your eyeliner to the top lash-line. Press it in as close to the lash-line as you can to keep the look soft. Also apply Copperplate to the outer 2/3 of your lower lash-line.
9. Apply MAC’s Lord It Up eye liner (or any brown liner) to the outer 2/3 of the lower waterline, leaving the waterline above where you applied Static clean.
10. Apply mascara.
11. Go out, have fun, look pretty, and get kissed!