Release Date: April 15, 2012
Availability: NARS Counters & Online
“I was interested in exploring the interplay of earth tones and shimmers,” creative director François Nars explained. “I think at first glance, the combination of orchid, blue, strawberry red, and seashell pink can sound and appear quite delicate and innocent, but our version of these colors and the way we combine them results in a look that’s more fun and edgy.”
Here is a first look at the items that will be launched in NARS’ upcoming Summer 2012 collection. Photos and product descriptions are below.
Marie-Galante Eyeshadow Duo ($34.00)
- Named for the Caribbean island in the Guadeloupean archipelago, this Duo Eyeshadow is an iridescent combination of orchid paired with regal blue and is at once both soft and striking. Wear layered for a look that really pops.
Ramatuelle Trio Eyeshadow ($45.00)
- Named for a village in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of southeastern France, this elegant Trio Eyeshadow combines two shimmers—silver and icy peach—with a matte apricot for a unexpected warm-cool take on a neutral palette. Each shade is universally flattering alone or layered upon one another for a unique, refined look.
Calabria Soft Touch Shadow Pencil ($24.00)
- This versatile, shimmering plum Soft Touch Shadow Pencil is the ideal complement for color on lids. Named for the region south of Naples, at the “toe” of the Italian Peninsula—it can be worn solo, as a base for powder shadows, or as a liner.
Liberte Blush ($28.00)
- French for freedom, this versatile burnished apricot imparts a fresh, warm flush to the skin. Dust on apples of the cheeks for a sexy, carefree glow.
Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick ($25.00)
- This strawberry red Pure Matte Lipstick is as striking and sophisticated as the Russian capital that lends its name.
Buenos Aires Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil ($24.00)
- This wear-with-anything nude beige pink Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil is named after the capital of Argentina. It combines the ease of a pencil with the finish of a gloss for a truly versatile, quintessential modern classic.
Never Say Never Velvet Matte Lip Pencil ($24.00)
- Line, fill, then top with gloss—or don’t. This lilac rose Velvet Matte Lip Pencil delivers a look you’ll never say no to, however you choose to wear it.
Vendanges Lipstick ($24.00)
- The French word for “harvest” or “vintage” perfectly describes this sheer grape Lipstick, as it conjures images of juicy, just-picked fruit off the vine.
Trouville Nail Polish ($18.00)
- The seashell pink nail hue would look right at home on the beaches of the fishing village in the Basse-Normandie region of northwestern France, for which it is named.