Our toast-of-the-town collection features an array of colors for lips and eyes – all in a mirrored compact. Ten eye shadows in mix-and-match textures create shimmering, light-catching looks. A quartet of lip gloss colors completes the bubbly mood by adding glittery depth and high shine to lips. Includes mini Lip Brush and Eye Shadow Brush.
Bobbi Brown’s new, limited-edition Rich Caviar Eye Palette is releases with its Holiday 2012 collection. This palette includes the following shades:
- Navajo Eyeshadow: Creamy pinkish white
- Candlelight Gold Metallic Eyeshadow: Shimmery golden taupe
- Petal Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow: Light pink
- Cement Eyeshadow: Grey beige
- Prosecco Eyeshadow: Shimmer neutral pink
- Truffle Eyeshadow: Mid-tone grey pink
- Bellini Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow: Golden peach
- Bronze Stone Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow: Pale golden brown
- Brown Sugar Metallic Eyeshadow: Shimmering brown mauve
- Caviar Eyeshadow: Black brown
- Bubble Bath Lip Gloss: Medium pink
- Chrome Pink Shimmer Lip Gloss: Shimmering silver pink mauve
- Bellini Glitter Lip Gloss: Shimmering brown mauve
- Bare Glitter Lip Gloss: Pale peach with golden sparkle
The Holiday Eye Palettes come in glossy, black, rectangular, plastic compacts. The special packaging displays a collegiate-type logo on the lid. The compact has a flip-open lid to reveal three (3) different parts: a side that holds the lip glosses and brushes, a side that holds the eye shadows, and a side that holds a mirror.
As seems to be the pattern with Bobbi Brown’s holiday palettes, the eye shadows in the Bellini Lip and Eye Palette are varied in their quality. The matte shadows apply more smoothly and evenly, though most are pretty sheer.
The metallic and sparkly shades are equally sheer in pigmentation and more uneven than the matte shades. You need to layer them to make them more even.
The eye shadows last about three (3) hours before creasing when applied over bare skin. They last about six (6) hours before creasing when applied over primer.
The lip glosses are also sheer in pigmentation. Sheer is ok, and it seems that Bobbi Brown’s general style is on the side of creating natural looks. But the three shimmery shades in this palette don’t look different from each other once applied to the lips.
The lip glosses have a medium-thick formula and aren’t sticky. They have a very subtly sweet scent that you don’t notice upon application. The lip glosses last an average amount of time: about two (2) hours on the lips before needing re-application.
Ease of Use: 8.25/10
The matte shades apply more smoothly and evenly than the shimmery or glittery shades. The lip glosses give a little bit of resistance upon application, but are otherwise easy to apply because of the lack of pigmentation.
For $75.00 you get 0.2 ounces (8 grams) of eye shadow and 0.152 ounces (4.4 grams) of lip gloss. Plus, you get two (2) mini brushes. Bobbi Brown’s single shadows cost between $21.00 and $28.00 and contain about 0.08 ounces (2.8 grams) each. Bobbi Brown lip glosses cost $23.00 each but come in a different form (tube).
This sample was provided for consideration purposes by the brand or a PR company. Reviews are always honest and never paid for.